Managerial Accounting 2nd edition
Authors: By Whitecotton, Stacey, Libby, Robert
Details of the book:
The approach used in managerial accounting 2nd edition, allows the student to have a practical knowledge about the accounting and will help them to grow and attained the thorough knowledge about the subject. Managerial accounting 2nd edition motivates the readers throughout the course to build the conceptual understanding about the accounting of the real world. As it contains accounting instances of top nudge companies which help the readers to connect to the real world.
The content of the book is illustrative and easy to understand. The writing style of the author is captivating, appealing and simple which make the book distinct in itself. It offers and comprises of real world decision making approach to managerial accounting.
It provides the latest and cutting edge information which is important to present day managers and decision makers.
It facilitates recapitulation and a better grasp of the subject, with numerous realistic examples and applications problems.
Managerial accounting tools help readers to understand the contemporary development and strengthen their command on the subject. It also develops ability to analyse and interpret various tools of financial analysis and planning and to solve simple cases.
Special features of the book:
Analytical approach: The book focuses on how wide range of financial decisions should be analysed and what analytical methods or tools to be used to tackle the financial problem and to make decisions.
Readability: It is a well thought and well written book as the topic covered are comprehensive and covers almost all the information required to the individuals who looks towards gaining or using the information in their professional lives to make business decisions. The author has made tremendous efforts in his writing style so to have simple, lively and illustrative reading to his readers which make the book above all the books present in the market.
Real world examples: Various concepts, tools, and techniques of managerial accounting have been illustrated with real world examples of the companies like Apple, Starbucks, California Pizza Kitchen, Toyota Motor Company, National Beverage Company and many more. To see how accounting information helps in real world decision making.
Numerous questions: The book contains a large bulk of questions and cases which helps the students to solve and practise accounting questions which provides them immense understanding of the subject and to demonstrate the importance of the subject matter.
The book contains the following:
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting with example of California Pizza Kitchen
- Job Order Costing with example of Toll brothers
- Process Costing with example of CK Mondavi
- Activity based Cost Management with example of Toyota Motor Company
- Cost behaviour and Estimation with example of Starbucks
- Cost Volume Profit Analysis with example of Starbucks
- Incremental study for Short Term Decision Making with example of Mattel
- Budgeting and Planning with example of Cold Stone Creamery
- Standard costing and variances with example of Cold Stone Creamery
- Decentralised performance evaluation with example of Apple
- Capital budgeting with example of Apple
- Statement of cash flows with example of National Beverage company
- Financial statement analysis with example of Lowe's