- Reviews & Testimonies
- *99 Cents for 1 Math Help
- Statistics Help
- Statistics Solutions
- Statistics Symbols
- Bengal Math Curriculum
- Hire Freelancer - xlance Alternative
- Math Olympiad
- Free Assignment Homework Help
- Free Accounting Homework Help
- Free Business Math Homework Help
- Free Programming Homework Help
- Free Finance Homework Help
- Free Economics Homework Help
- Free Chemistry Homework Help
- Free Biology Homework Help
- Free Management Homework Help
- Free Engineering Homework Help
- Free Chemical Engineering Homework Help
- Free Mechanical Engineering Homework Help
- Free Computer Science Homework Help
- Free Bioinformatics Homework Help
- Free Calculus Homework Help
- Free College Homework Help
- Get One Month Coaching ($149)
- Math Curriculum(High Expectation)
- 1-On-1 Coaching
- Accounting Solutions
- Bioinformatics Solutions
- Biology Solutions
- Business Math Solutions
- Calculus Solutions
- Chemical Engineering Solutions
- Chemistry Solutions
- Computer Science Solutions
- Economics Solutions
- Engineering Solutions
- Finance Solutions
- Management Solutions
- Mechanical Engineering Solutions
- Programming Solutions
- Almost FREE Service
- Chat Core Dump
- WhiteBoard Sessions
- Submit Math Problems
- Checkout Math Solutions
- Sample Math Video
- College Textbooks
- College Courses
- Coursera Courses
- edX Courses
- Get a Scholarship
- Tell a Friend
- *Online Math Help ($16 per Hour)
- Vedic Maths
- Home Schooling
- Community College Math
- Online Degree Program
- We are in News
- Contact Us
- Terms & Condition
* Restrictions Apply
Ask Any Homework Question, below
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Economics
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA offers the Ph.D program in economics to train and prepare its students for the best teaching and research positions available in the academic world today. The course hones and develops the skills of the Ph.D candidates so that they can try their hand successfully at any number of diverse projects. Hence, the students of this course have successfully made their mark in the world in the fields of academics and business.
Ph.D students from Southern Illinois University have gone on to assume the roles of senior economist in various consultancy firms as well as private industry throughout the world successfully, they have also been gainfully employed at high offices in the social sector. Past students have also assumed notable positions in the government services which often require advanced economic training.
The structure of the course requires the students to take up two fields of specialization in economics. The options available to the students include the following fields:
- Applied microeconomics,
- International economics,
- Economic development,
- Monetary theory and policy,
- Advanced economic theory, and
Admissions are opened for all students i.e. both nationals and international students. However there are certain requirements for the admission of international students. These are as follows:
- Firstly, since it is a Ph.D program, students need master's degree. They need to also meet the admission requirements for graduate school with a GPA or grade point average of 3.25 (A=4.0) or higher.
- A student with a bachelor's degree applies then she or he must meet Graduate School admission guidelines with a GPA or grade point average of 2.7 or higher.
- After all these requirements are satisfied, the student with the bachelor's degree will be initially admitted to the institution as a master's student.
- Once the student of this level successfully passes the qualifying exams in concern, typically taken at the end of the first year of graduate study, the student will be admitted to the doctoral program.
- In general, the standards of admission are more or less similar for both the domestic students as well as the international ones. But since the educational systems vary greatly throughout the world it is not always possible to get system of comparative standards. Thus the applicants from around the globe are considered for admission to the university program on the basis of their (a) former academic work, (b) English proficiency, and (c) proof of sufficient financial resources. Thhe last requirement basically ensures that the applicants will be able to successfully undertake and continue in a program of graduate study.
- All applying students whose native language or first language is not English, they must take the TOEFL.
- The TOEFL exam has to be taken no more than 24 months before the term for which the applicant is seeking admission.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 220 (computer), or 79 (internet-based) is required for getting admission to the Graduate School.
- However there are a few exemptions to the TOEFL prerequisites, these are as following: an applicant who has successfully finished a bachelor's degree (i.e. 4 years attendance and conclusion of at least 100 semester hours of course work) and all this at an accredited institution in the United States , an applicant who has successfully attained a master's degree from an accredited institution of the United States of America, whose TOEFL scores are at least 550 (paper) or 220 (computer) preceding to the beginning of graduate studies and who has also been residing in the United States continuously preceding the application to SIUC.'